Regular Board Meeting Highlights - May 5, 2020
May 5, 2020 - The Board of Trustees is pleased to share with all education stakeholders the highlights of our recent Board meeting held on Tuesday, May 5, 2020 via video conference. The adopted minutes will be available on our website following the next Regular Board meeting.
- The Board approved the Preliminary Budget Assumptions for the 2020-2021 budget. The Board is required to provide a 2020-2021 budget to Alberta Education by May 31, 2020. Several factors expected to influence the operating budget include:
- A new funding manual;
- A new allocation model;
- Alberta Education funding using a new three-year weighted average; and
- Insurance (the Division's insurance rates more than doubled last year; property insurance increased by 274%).
- The Board postponed the decision on 2020-2021 Board Renumeration and Board Professional Development and Per Diem Renumeration until the June 16, 2020 Regular Board Meeting.
- The Board received as information the Strategic Communications 2020 Department Report as presented by Director, Strategic Communications, Jordi Weidman.